Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fruity

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:5

A precious young lady read this verse last night. I immediately questioned myself, "What fruit do I produce?"

I grew up in an environment that taught me about the laws, the rules, of being a Christian...of what a Christian looks like. In recent years, I have learned that Christians, those who love God and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, look very different one from another.

God doesn't have expectations of me, He has expectancy for me. He loves me, even when the fruit I produce looks more like a tomato than an apple.

There are many fruits in the produce section that we don't consider a fruit. An olive is a fruit! Sometimes the fruit we, as Christians, produce is more savory than sweet. It is still a fruit.

"An ugly fruit is sweet and unique, but at first glance tells you nothing about what is in store." Fruit...ugly...still a fruit.

As I pondered the fruit I produce in my life, I realized that much of it is uncommon and may not be considered 'fruit' by those looking in. I'm so glad that God sees my heart and that my life is, indeed, fruity.

1 comment:

pambuller said...

ok. i love this one, too!