Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Four

Is there room to grow deeper in love with your spouse? I am grateful for the encouragement I receive from aholyexperience. From her, I am learning to love in a fresh, new way...in a way that my husband is worthy of.

'It only takes four minutes a day to move into a deeper heart place...to connect in soul intimacy; to breathe in oxygen for the other half of my heart. Don't, and I begin to suffocate, the death heave. I wish someone had told me in the beginning.

FOUR FIXATIONS
Four times a day, think on love. When I leave the marriage bed, leave the front door, when I return to the front door, and when I return to the marriage bed. These times are critical. Touch or whisper a sweet something when passing through these gateways and we walk into hours of closeness. Forever love fixates like fresh love.

FOUR EMBRACES
Four times a day, wrap up in husband. Embrace fully and hold each other's eyes. That's all. Repeat four times daily. The one flesh breathes best when skin pores are close; connected.

FOUR AFFIRMATIONS
Four times during the day, thank him...for working faithfully to provide, for the things he does for you, for making the heart skip a beat. Look for ways to thank him! '

I recently started a 1,000 Loves journal. This journal is simply that: 1,000 things I am thankful for...that I love about my man. Sometimes life gets chaotic and I begin to focus on untruths and I forget all the amazing, wonderful things about him. This morning when I woke up, ready for my morning cup of coffee, I had a new 'love' for my journal. I am thankful that he wakes up early and makes coffee...what a blessed girl I am to wake up to that aroma and a ready cup.

Four Fixations... Four Embraces... Four Affirmations... what an adventure!

What about you? What 'loves' are there in your heart today, regarding your man?

1 comment:

pambuller said...

wow! i love this post, jen! so encouraging. i may read it again and again.