Sunday, June 27, 2010

50 First Children

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. ~John Wilmot



Isn't that the truth!?!? I really thought I knew it all about how to raise children. After 19 years of parenting, raising one teenager, and enjoying the midst of two more teenagers and three tweens... I realize, I KNOW NOTHING! Each child is different and each stage is different, boys are different from girls, and so...as each one of my kiddos enters a new phase of life, I feel like I am starting all over again. 50 First Children (instead of 50 First Dates) would make for an interesting movie!


My children are full of life. They make me laugh like no one else. They love me all the time. They can put me in my place...respectfully, and it is a great life lesson everytime it happens. The sound of many children is better than silence...most of the time.








No comments: