Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So much food...so little time.

I finally did something I've been wanting to do. I went shopping (got some great deals) for groceries and, after we put it away, spent a couple of hours (so little time) to make some great meals (so much food). With the help of my amazing kiddos, we filled the freezer and have dinner ready for days to come.

Here is the list of what we made and have in the freezer:
1 gallon of 5-can bean soup
1.25 pounds of browned ground beef
2 meatloaves
2 turkey cornbread casseroles
8 hamburger patties
8 bacon wrapped stuffed chicken breasts
2 gallons of hamburger soup
80 meatballs


In addition to the above, we made chili for tonight and some seasoned oyster crackers. I made suet/bark butter for the birds and filled their log, too.

It has been a great day...the kids enjoyed it as much as I did. What a blessing to have a freezer full of such bounty.

If you are interested in of these recipes, message me. I like to share.

No comments: