Saturday, January 29, 2011

Quiet Life & Busy Hands

For years I have watched my girls crochet and knit. My 13 year old son has crocheted hats and bags. My 15 year old used to fingerweave scarves. My great-grandma made the best crocheted slippers. My mom crocheted quite often as I was growing up, too. All the while, I would sit and watch. It wasn't for me.

Then I met Kate. She is, in my opinion, the Knitting Queen. She can knit anything! She is a fellow homeschool mom and at co-op each week, she chats and knits...at the same time! ;) I was inspired.

She taught me how to make a dishcloth, of which I made four, or rather, three and a half. Now I am working on a scarf. It is actually a simple pattern, knit two/purl two, that I learned on Ravelry.com. So simple, but I am so excited about these amazing rows coming off of my needles!





1 Thessalonians tells me to lead a quiet life and to work with my hands. I can do this. Yes, I can.

I'll keep you posted on future projects. I hope there will be many.

No comments: