Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blessed Stuff

Do you ever experience the loss of breath in your throat, like the beginning of a sob? You know, that feeling you get when pride wells up in you for your children and you catch your breath and stifle emotion....or when your spouse takes your breath away...?

Well, a few days ago I looked around me and I felt that same loss of breath over my 'stuff'.
Truth: I'm struggling with want for new stuff. I want new lamps, new pillows, new paint on the walls, a new van, etc. YET, I am amazed at what I own, as little as it is. For the most part, my home doesn't really reflect me...I feel in limbo waiting for my forever home. But there are little places in my home that do reflect me; places that have character, history, and a bit of whimsy.

These areas of my home hold the 'stuff' that took my breath away. Crazy, isn't it? No, not really. I think God is so good at taking me out of my pity parties...He reminded me of this stuff, the history of some of the pieces, and my heart was glad. Every good and perfect gift is from above. James 1:17. Oh, my blessed stuff.