Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Multitude Monday!

This morning I woke up with thankfulness in my heart. That is a wonderful way to start the day. I heard the alarm at 7am and faithful husband got up...I didn't. At 7:45 he was rushing around to leave for work and I realized, 'Wow, he does this everyday!' Isn't that amazing? No matter the weather, no matter the mood, he goes to work around the same time everyday. I am so thankful for him and his determination to take care of his family.

As I was going through my morning, still in awe of the goodness of my day, I was reminded that my favorite book in the bible is Colossians. I sat the kids down and read to them the first chapter. Good stuff. I am thankful for the Word of God that is in my heart and in my hand...for the freedom I have to open it whenever I want.

Reading Colossians reminded me of Psalm 18. Last week a sweet friend encouraged her facebook friends to read from that chapter, beginning with verse 16. Amazing. God rewards me according to my righteousness! It isn't about my perfection...but my righteousness. I am thankful! I am free to be the girl He created me to be, and to know that I am loved...all the time.

So, I'm going to my 1,000 Gifts page to add these. I challenge you today; look around you. What are you thankful for?


No comments: