Wednesday, January 2, 2013

13 in 2013

I am looking forward to this year. I ran my first 5k a few years ago, when I weighed nearly 200 pounds. It was tough, but I did it...and then I didn't run again! A year later, after running had been a lingering thought in the back of my head and I had lost a significant amount of weight, I decided to run again. I'd go out once in a while, sometimes fairly regularly, but I wasn't really diligent. My girls and I ran a powerpuff 5k together and then I ran the Joplin Memorial run. It was great, but again...I quit. I had this, almost constant, internal conversation;

'I wanna be a runner. I am a runner. I can't be a runner. What run shall I do next? I can't, I'm not diligent enough. Good grief, I'm always thinking about running. If I am always thinking about it, I must really want to do it. Why don't I?'

I know, right? Crazy! Well, it is time to get diligent about this running thing that I am diligently pondering. I have officially joined 13 in 2013! I am excited to have made this commitment. I am going to run a variety of 5k races this year...13 of them! I do wish I had gone out on January 1 to break the new year in with a race, but I didn't.  It isn't too late for you to join and it doesn't have to be a 5k. Whatever race you prefer, how about doing 13 of them this year!?

No comments: