Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A busy couple of months!

Here it is...the end of March and I haven't posted in a long time. Nothing new, huh? I have, however, been busy running and working out! Yay! I ran my first 5k of the year on January 3. It was a PR, but I am not sure I believe it....my GPS was acting up and I don't think that it was accurate. Never the less, one done. 

Marlee and Me
I attempted to do a run, Run FUR Fun, on January 27 with our dog, Marlee. Well, it was a total flop! She hasn't had enough training to run with me...or I haven't had enough training to run with her. I can't count it as a completed 5k for the year, but it was a learning experience.

My girls, 14 year old twins, want to run in a fun run or two with me this year. In February, I took them to our local YMCA and together, we joined the couch potato to 5k class. We have class once a week and homework to complete during the week. They are doing great! We plan on running in a glow run and/or a color run in April and we have been BLESSED with gifts of PAID REGISTRATION to the Dirty Girl mud run in June. Very exciting!

I've also been doing weight training a few times a week. I use the Activ Trax program at the YMCA. Activ Trax provides customized strength training workouts. It is a web-based program that creates a new workout each time I go, based on my goals and abilities.  

FOOD! I love food. I am learning to relate to food in terms of fuel to keep me going, medicine to keep me healthy, and it is a GIFT - not the enemy.

Here is a new recipe I am going to try this week...maybe this morning!

Cottage Cheese Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 egg
4 egg whites
1 cup cottage cheese
1 apple, peeled and grated
cinnamon to taste
sweetener to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
Divide into 10 cupcakes
Bake for 30 minutes.

Nutritional facts:
45 calories
5 grams protein
2.5 carbs
1.4 grams fat
a bit of fiber :)
 

No comments: