Sunday, January 1, 2012

A look back; 2011. A look ahead; 2012.

My tattoo
July 4, lovin' the corn
A look back; 2011. In March I turned 39 and got an amazing camera. I learned that I love photography. In April I started the HCG diet (affordablehcgdiet.com). In May we celebrated E and his 14th birthday (14th birthdays are THE big one here). By June I had lost almost 50 pounds. Also, in June the kids spent almost two weeks in Kansas. Chris and I had an amazing time...a married couple with no one else to focus on. Crazy fun! We both got tattoos. In July, we had a blast on our deck - CABANA - and enjoyed corn-on-the-cob-on-a-stick. August brought the school year and I realized that I struggle to teach jr. high and high school. I am so thankful for co-op. Our twins turned 13 in October and I took them to the mall for a shopping spree; they also got their ears pierced. November; oldest son turned 21. How can that be?! December; last month. I learned about smashbooks and planned my goals for 2012. Life is a blessed, hard, good, amazing journey. Cheers to 2012!

A look ahead; Smashing 2012. I'm going to work on my new journal, Smashing 2012, throughout the year. I hope to journal the progress of my goals and other memorable happenings. What are my goals, you ask? Here they are: *Make blankets for niece and nephews for their birthdays. *Run four 5Ks. *Update my blogs 2x a month. *Spend more one-on-one time with my kids. *Consistently add to 1,000 Loves list. *Consistently add to 1,000 Gifts list. *Daily hubby love. *Prepare and follow through gardening tomatoes and cucumbers. *Take kids bowling. *Launch My Magpie Nest - my craft business. *Send monthly snail mail. *Attend one, organized birding event. *Grocery shop every two weeks (instead of every two days). * Reach 250 geocache. *Reach 50 munzee. *Hike Roaring River State Park. *Go to church regularly. *Float trip! *Knit John a hat. *Knit myself a shawl. *Paint the kitchen. *Keep bedroom clean. *Plant lots of flowers. *Get family pics taken. *Make wall art for living room. *Quarterly service project. *Compete in the KC Warrior Dash. *Get below 145 pounds and maintain the loss.

If you are wondering why the 'smashing' title for my journal. Check out the following blog. Maybe it will inspire you, too. Note: I made my own smash book. First daughter purchased a 'real' smash book. While I love homemade, I also love the purchased book. I'll post pics of my Smashing 2012 throughout the year. If you smash one, too, please share your pics. :) I'd love to see them.

http://www.smashstoriesblog.com/   For the Moments and Musings that Stick

No comments: