Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Word Wednesday - My Refuge

I don't often post dreary, woe-is-me updates on facebook...yesterday I did.

'Jennifer Sheafer feels like some battles just can't be won.'

Life is hard. I often forget that the Lord is near to me. He holds me, He protects me, He goes before me... I am safe in Him. Yesterday, had I gone to Him, He would have heard me... my heart would have found peace.

Yesterday is over. Today is new. In stress/distress, in life challenges... I will choose to cry to the Lord for help. He does hear me. He is my safe place, my refuge.


Psalm 18 says:

1I love you, O LORD, my strength.

2The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death encompassed me;
the torrents of destruction assailed me;
5 the cords of Sheol entangled me;
the snares of death confronted me.

6 In my distress I called upon the LORD;
to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
and my cry to him reached his ears.

No comments: